Open Source Development Coordinator at Moodle HQ, Sander Bangma, is announcing the release of minor versions for Moodle 3.5.1 LTS, 3.1.13, 3.3.7 and 3.4.4. The latest release of the latest Moodle version brings GDPR compatibility fixes which are also available in the GDPR Plugins for Moodle 3.4 (3.4.3 and newer) and 3.3 (3.3.6 and newer).
Many enhancements are coming with the upgrades. To name a few:
- Compatibility with database provider MariaDB 10.3.1 and newer.
- Deleted forum posts no longer appear in RSS feed.
- Unnecessary AJAX requests purged.
- TinyMCE calendar compatibility fixed.
- Drag and drop questions fixed for iOS 11.3
- File name corruption when downloaded through Microsoft Edge fixed.
- JSON available as format for data export.
Detailed information about security fixes will be available for admins of Moodle sites via email over next week.
Use the Moodle 3.5 app to get Moodle announcements and Moodle Forum notifications
The recently rejuvenated Moodle apps (formerly Moodle Mobile) allows users access from any Moodle 3.5 site whose admins have enabled mobile access. Did you know the Moodle Forum at moodle.org is one such site? It is possible to get notifications, as well as participate in the Forums you subscribe to and Messaging with fellow Moodlers. Just download the app and sign up at https://moodle.org/ with your username and password.
Minor Moodle releases are scheduled every two months. See the documentation for each release here. (Moodle 3.2 is no longer supported.)
- Moodle 3.1.13 LTS: Security support only, until May 2019
- Moodle 3.3.7: Security support only, until November 2019
- Moodle 3.4.4: General core bug fixes, until November 2019
- Moodle 3.5.1 LTS: First general core bug fixes release, until May 2019
This Moodle Technology related post is made possible by: Moonami a company that provides a full range of Moodle services that combine the flexibility, scalability, and power of Amazon’s world-leading cloud platform (AWS) with fanatical Moodle support. Click here to learn more.