Moodle – the most popular open source LMS in the world is aggressively working on improving the default looks since the release of Moodle 3.2. Moodle 3.2 which includes a brand new Bootstrap 4 based theme – Boost is very much appreciated among the Moodle users for the clear improvement which it adds to Moodle straight out of the box.
There are many free Moodle themes available which are very popular and well maintained by the theme designers. But it is pretty difficult to get the support for free themes if you need any customization for your brand.
However, there are many premium themes also available for Moodle which are well maintained and offers quick support. Moodle premium themes are also equipped with the functionalities to enhance the base features of Moodle and give a more appealing looks to your site.
Today, I am listing down the top 05 premium Moodle themes of 2017 which will completely change the default looks of your Moodle site. Most of the themes are compatible with Moodle 3.2 with a commitment to get an update for Moodle 3.3 soon.
Top 5 Premium Moodle Themes of 2017:
- Edwiser RemUI – The most feature rich and highly acclaimed premium Moodle theme by Edwiser. The theme is built on the Bootstrap framework and adds a lot of flexibility to the Moodle interface. And, the good news – the new version of RemUI theme is compatible with Moodle 3.3. The new version of RemUI theme will also adds a lot of exciting new features to the existing list of awesome features. It is available for only $99, if you would like to purchase the RemUI theme, check out the details here.
- Lambda – The best premium selling theme on the Themeforest marketplace. Comes with a sound documentation and awesome support. Recently updated for Moodle 3.3, Lambda gives a stellar display with most flexible color schemes and multiple layout options. If you would like to give it a try, buy your copy for $59 through Themeforest here.
- Classing – The brand new premium Moodle theme by Theme Caters (by Indian Moodle Partner – Vidya Mantra EduSystems), provides a fresh and clean looks for your Moodle site with many exciting features. The theme offers custom dashboard, Slick menu, my course intro page, course creators intro page and flexible color schemes. As of writing , the theme is compatible with Moodle 3.1 and 3.2 with an update coming soon for Moodle 3.3 version. You can buy the theme for just $59 here.
- Montblanc– Another cool premium Moodle theme on ThemeForest market place. Montblanc theme adds a consistent and neat UI design for Moodle. The latest version of the theme is compatible with Moodle 3.2. The theme is also compatible for RTL languages and offers 4 different set of theme colors with unlimited color options. Montblanc also offers frontpage slideshow, Diverse menu and link settings, Front page contents block etc with a neat and consistent deign.
- Herald – Herald is another responsive premium Moodle Theme targeted for Businesses/Universities/Government. And the latest version is also compatible with Moodle 3.3 version. The provides many customization options for front page which will make your site stand apart from other Moodle sites. It includes multiple features like fluid 2-column layouts, responsive videos, multiple design templates, a User menu and Font Awesome icon support, distinct Header and Footer sections. However, the cost of Herald theme at $159, is on a slightly higher side as compared to other themes. Interested? Give it a try here.
Choosing a theme for your Moodle site is a pretty difficult task. Before selecting a theme you should ask for all the necessary changes and visual layout options. Which other Premium Moodle themes would you like to recommend to add to this list? Please share with us in the comments section below.