While Perth is the birthplace of Moodle, the massive rates of adoption this Open Source LMS enjoys throughout the world have created larger “Moots” in places like Europe, Brazil, and the US. But Australia remains the home of Moodle HQ. The strategic value of MoodleMoot Australia 2017, to be held in Sydney during the last week of September, is indisputable.
- May 12th: Registration opens, “Early Bird” rates available
- July 31st: Presentation and poster proposal deadline
- August 7th: Presentation acceptance notifications
- August 14th: Last date for “Early Bird” registration rates
- September 26th: MoodleMoot Australia 2017 — Pre-MoodleMoot Workshop
- September 27th-28th: MoodleMoot Australia 2017
Among the benefits of the Australia summit is the increased availability of Moodle HQ staff, who will be presenters, expert workshop instructors, and fellow attendees to network with. Sessions will be, almost certainly, headlined by Moodle CEO and Founder Marting Dougiamas —aka “Moodler”— as keynote speaker, accompanied by a renowned global expert roster yet to be confirmed.
“Early Bird” rates for the Moot start at $460 AUD, or $686 AUD including the Pre-MoodleMoot Workshop day. Both rates include the Conference Dinner.