Brazilian Moodler Eduardo Kraus has published his variations on the “Boost” theme, which makes them child themes of both “Boost” and Kraus. They are a result of an attempt to bring material design standards into Moodle.
(Previously in MoodleNews: “South African Moodle Partner Aosis Shows Off With Material Demo Site”)
However, at this time only two of the announced Kraus-“Boost” trilogy are available at the Moodle Plugin Directory. Check them out here (theme_boostb) or here (theme_boost_learning) if “Boost Learning” is already available.
As described by Kraus, it just “makes learning simpler.” Icons are placed next to items, rather than replacing them, for better navigation.
As a child of “Boost,” the collapsible navigation bar (“NavBar”) hides under a top left hamburger icon that appears and resizes the main window contents when clicked instead of hiding them.
Changing the header background is straightforward from the theme settings page.
This one allows fixed masthead (the section above the heading) customization of color and logo.
But perhaps the most noticeable difference from “Magnific” is the doubling down on icons, this time populating every option on the “NavBar.”
Collapsing the bar keeps a ribbon visible showing only the icons.
It plays perfectly nice with Moodle’s newest features, including the Course Overview and the new Calendar, yet to hit the virtual shelves.
Also updated in the last month:
- “Boost Campus” now prevents its new keyboard command from acting when content is focused on editable content.
- “Fordson” has added a “Corporate Learner” preset that removes image backgrounds and simplifies color picking for a “distraction free” experience.
- “Moove” fixed a content navigation blocking issue on mobile Quizzes.
- “Adaptable” allows font customization using Google Fonts and now has a “news ticker”
- “Aardvark” has fixed some issues affecting Gradebook exporting and removed some unnecessary images taking up extra space.
This Moodle Technology related post is made possible by: Moonami a company that provides a full range of Moodle services that combine the flexibility, scalability, and power of Amazon’s world-leading cloud platform (AWS) with fanatical Moodle support. Click here to learn more.