Earlier, first time Moodle users often complained about the outdated looks and appearance of Moodle, which has been turned into a word of appreciation after the release of Moodle 3.2 – which includes the brand new Bootstrap 4 based Boost theme.
Since the release of Moodle 3.2, there are many child themes contributed by Moodle community members which had enhanced the overall user experience of Moodle. These contributed themes includes many popular themes like Fordson & Waxed etc.
Adding one more to the list of contributed Moodle themes based on Boost, Willian Mano Araújo – came up with another eye-catching Moodle theme – “Moove”. The Moove theme comes with a goal to make online environments more clean and intuitive for learners and educators.
Moove theme features:
Moove theme has a lot of intuitive new features and improvements yet keeping to the clean interface. Main features of Moove theme are as follows:
- Course Sections Progress bars: If you have selected to display “One Section per page” under the Course Settings > Course Format > Course Layout, then you will see a Progress bar indicating the learners progress within the course sections. However, when testing on my development server, I was not able to change the text which comes along with the progress bar “Andamento da disciplina“. Hope Willian will look into that.
- Icons based Collapsed Menu: The side menu can be maximized/minimized anytime to save the screen area. During the collapsed state the menu will display nice little icons which can be very useful for the learners.
- Hide and Show blocks button – The blocks in the right sidebar can consume a lot of screen area and may distract the students. By having a single Show/Hide blocks button in the top bar, Moove stands out to improve the usability.
- Marketing Boxes – Marketing boxes are now almost a standard part of all Moodle themes but Moove provides 4 marketing boxes through which you can use to grab the attention of first time visitors.
- Social Settings – The Footer settings has links to all popular social profiles and contact details.
Overall, the Moove theme stands out with a clear and very intuitive interface. I really like the theme and feels that this is going to top the Moodle themes charts soon.[bha size=’760×80′ variation=’01’ align=’aligncenter’]
Want to try the Moove theme? Download it today through the Moodle plugins directory here. The theme is available for Moodle 3.2 and Moodle 3.3 versions.
What are the other new features which you are looking for in upcoming Moodle themes? How you liked the Moove theme? Share with us in the comments section below.