Within two months from the release of Moodle 3.2, The Collaborative Liberal Arts Moodle Project has released the first LAE (Liberal Arts Edition) along with other stable releases. This is the CLAMP’s first official Moodle 3.2 release.
In a recent news, CLAMP team had posted about the release of the latest updated versions based on Moodle 3.2 – which is the first release, The 2.7 release is maintenance-only, The 3.0 and 3.1 releases include updates to Filtered Course List and CLAMPMail.
The goal of the LAE is to offer a coherent package for modules, patches, and code developed (or improved) by the Collaborative Liberal Arts Moodle Project (CLAMP). Many thanks to Charles Fulton (Lafayette College) and Kevin Wiliarty (Hampshire College) for developing, testing and packaging these releases. The next stable releases on the 3.2, 3.1, 3.0, and 2.7 branches are scheduled for mid-March.
Download CLAMP LAE Releases:
You can download the updates from the project pages below:
- Moodle 3.2.1+Liberal Arts Edition 12.0.0
- Moodle 3.1.4+Liberal Arts Edition 11.0.4
- Moodle 3.0.8+Liberal Arts Edition 10.0.6
- Moodle 2.7.18+Liberal Arts Edition 7.1.6
The following core features are included in the Moodle 3.2.1+Liberal Arts Edition v12.0.0:
- Anonymous Forums – A completely new version of the Anonymous Forums option in Moodle. This version introduces a new “Anonymous User” who is attached to forum posts, allowing faculty to back up and restore a forum without losing anonymity. This feature is disabled by default.
- Per-course resource display options – You may choose a default resource display option at the course level now instead of at the site-level.
Whereas Local News Forum module has been removed from the package.
About CLAMP Project:
The Collaborative Liberal Arts Moodle Project (CLAMP) is a group of colleges and universities who collaborate to develop and support Moodle, with an eye toward the issues unique to a liberal arts environment. Read more about the CLAMP project here.