Moodle has come a long journey and overcome all the obstacles and competitions to stay among one of the best open source project in the world. Since last few years, Moodle HQ has taken a very aggressive approach to make moodle more competitive and with all the cutting edge technology.
In the last stable release i.e. Moodle 3.2, there are many new aggressive changes done to the Moodle core. The changes includes a new Bootstrap 4 based theme – Boost, improvements to messaging and notifications UI, User Tours, Improved Graphs, Media Players and many others.
In 2017, Moodle 3.3 and Moodle 3.4 are scheduled to be released in May and November. But what you can expect in the upcoming Moodle versions. We are going to list out some of the upcoming features in Moodle 3.3 below.
Upcoming Features in Moodle 3.3
- User Dashboard – The project contributed by Moodle Users Association, My Course Dashboard will give a better overview on what is going on in a course, without students/teachers having to go to the course. Check out the developer documentation for the user dashboard project here. And here is the Moodle Tracker issue for the same.
- Office 365 integration –As covered in this post, Moodle HQ team is looking for a seamless integration with the office apps which will make it easier for teachers to integrate the documents and resources from Office apps into Moodle. There is a community meeting also scheduled for today to discuss the requirements with the community.
- Google Apps integration
Upcoming features in Moodle Mobile App
- Improvements on Messaging and notifications
- Attachments and Tracking support on Forums
- Support for Adding glossary entries
- Charts on Choice results
- Improved User Profile Page
- User Dashboard
- Lesson Module
- Feedback Module
- Quiz and Lesson grading
With the release of the Moodle Mobile 3.3, the mobile app will have a support of 91% web interface. The teachers will have the option to grade almost all the activities in Mobile in upcoming versions.
By seeing all these major feature changes in the Moodle project, it is apparent that Moodle HQ dev team is working very hard to keep the Moodle project way above the competition.
What’s your wish which you would like to see in the upcoming Moodle versions? Let us know the same in the comments section below.