Moodle 3.2 – the next stable release version of the Moodle LMS is set to be rolled out from Monday December 05th onwards. The new version contains a lot of aggressive and mind-blowing features which will help in improving the default UX of the Moodle.
Top 5 new features of Moodle 3.2
The new version of Moodle has many new features, bug fixes and fixed issues for all users. Today I am going to list out the top 5 new features of Moodle 3.2 which are essential for all Moodle users to look into.
- Boost Theme – The brand new Bootstrap 4 based theme will turn the first impression of Moodle site into a modern, responsive and shiny LMS. The new theme will improve the user interface out of the box without any customization requirements. Moreover, It will have the option of using the presets to change the appearance to a larger extent.
- Messaging and Notifications improvement – Second awesome feature of Moodle 3.2 The notifications and messaging system has been completely redesigned with a modern look and feel. The notifications system is at par to the modern-day notifications.
- User Tours in Core – The small little bubbles to introduce the new users with the important links on your site. Earlier introduced as a plugin for Moodle 3.1 now user tours have found their way in the core. And the icing on the cake is that now the user tours will remember the previous steps when revisiting the page.
- Plugggable video players – It is a long pending complaint from Moodle users that the default video player doesn’t work for them and they need some custom player. Now, you can easily create a new plugin for the new player and play with it on your Moodle site.
- Freedom from Navigation and settings block – The most important aspect of improving the usability of Moodle interface. Now, the navigation and settings block are completely removed from sidebar and you will find a cute little gear icon on the top of the page, making it a unified interface all around the Moodle.
There are many other small improvements and fixes from teachers, students and administrators perspective. Stay tuned with MoodleWorld to find out the complete list of improvements coming in Moodle 3.2
We hope this article helped you learn what’s coming in Moodle 3.2. Which features of Moodle 3.2 makes you excited and which features you would like to be added to Moodle in future. Do share with us in the comments section below.