Essential, the most popular Moodle theme, has released its latest set of updates for Moodle 2.9, 3.0 and 3.1.
It is perhaps the only Moodle theme with a fanbase, which is growing on a monthly basis. Users love among other things its speed, due to downloading heavy elements as little as possible; its powerful customization options, its modern Bootstrap-based CSS layout, and its social media integration. It is consistently ranked among the top Moodle themes year after year.
Essential fixes made in this release include:
- Elements like headers and navbars no longer overlap.
- Accessibility controls expanded across user roles.
- Headers can now have full and summarized versions, in many languages.
- Better use of vertical space for small images.
- All selectors for images are now responsive.
- Hover dialog button colors are now customizable.
- Blocks can be placed on top of the content column.
- Two-column layout available for Moodle 3.1.
Essential is Gareth J. Barnard’s work. He thanks Servei de Recursos Educatius at Universitat Rovira i Virgili in Tarragona, Spain, for funding some of the development.
This Moodle Technology related post is made possible by: Moonami a company that provides a full range of Moodle services that combine the flexibility, scalability, and power of Amazon’s world-leading cloud platform (AWS) with fanatical Moodle support. Click here to learn more.
Isn’t Essential the best thing ever? Agree with us in the comments!