Moodle Association, the official non-profit organisation dedicated to contributing towards the core development of Moodle, is open for membership now.
In a recent announcement on Moodle Forums, Shannon Johnston, the project manager at Moodle Pty Ltd, posted about the starting of registrations on Moodle Association.
The membership consists of 4 levels from Individual to Organization – Gold, Bronze and Silver differing in the number of voting points available and number of members.
The purpose of the Association is to provide a forum for the Moodle community to propose and select development projects for Moodle core. ‘The process for registering with Moodle Users Association is:
- fill in the signup form at https://moodleassociation.org/login/signup.php
- pay the invoice that arrives in your email
- login after the payment confirmation email
- find the “Development Cycle” course and start proposing a project for development.
The project development cycle consists of 3 phases as follows:
- Phase 1: Project Proposals
- Suggest Project (Closes March 1st, 2016)
- Preliminary Voting (Closes March 14th, 2016)
- Finalize project requirements (Closes May 2nd, 2016)
- Phase 2: Committee Review (Closes June 1st, 2016)
- Moodle HQ gives cost estimates
- Phase 3: Final Voting Cycle (Closes June 30th 2016)
Fasten your seat belts and get ready for building Moodle for the future!
What are the projects which you are going to propose for development. Do let us know in the comments below.