Essential theme for Moodle 3.1 is on its way to development after getting the 200% of the required goal through crowdfunding within a single day of posting. Many thanks from MoodleWorld team to all the supporters for funding the awesome theme and supporting its development.
Gareth J Barnard, the maintainer of the Essential theme posted about the start of the crowdfunding campaign on this Moodle Forum thread and within minutes the goal of $360 was achieved and as on date the theme has got a total of $780 through 16 supporters from all over the world.
Earlier, Essential theme for Moodle 3.0 has also raised $750 through crowdfunding. The current project will update the theme for Moodle 3.1 as well as revert it back to a child of Bootstrapbase. The theme will also see progress on these sub-taks:
- Improving / checking the CSS to ensure that it is compatible. There is already a few reported issues and I can see that new CSS in M3.1 core is conflicting with how Essential works.
- Check / add new icons.
- Produce a beta version, release, be paid, and then promise (as per last time) to bug fix to a stable version.
- Add in the new navbar search that is in M3.1 core.
- Deal with the notification templates.
- Check that the overridden course format classes operate correctly.
- Update to the latest FontAwesome.
Joseph and Stephen at MoodleNews.com are doing a great job for Moodle Community by helping such crowdfunding campaigns at MoodleGarage.com
You can check out the GitHub project page of Essential theme for Moodle 3.1 improvements and changes.
Many Thanks again to all the supports for funding this awesome theme and helping it to be one of the most downloaded, popular and flexible themes available for Moodle.