A new plugin added to the moodle plugins database this week allows you to automatically transfer the course backup files to a safe and reliable cloud-based storage solution, and retrieve these backups on demand.
The Course Bank plugin is a cloud backup service developed and maintained by Moodle partner Catalyst IT. The plugin is an admin tool which integrates with the Coursebank cloud backup service. CourseBank allows adminstrators to push their Moodle Course backups into managed cloud storage and access these backups on demand through the Coursebank interface.
Please note that in order to use the CourseBank service, Moodle admins will need to provision an account at https://account.coursebank.biz/ The first 5 GB of storage space is completely free.
The features of course bank plugin are:
- Avoid the overhead of manually managing course backup files.
- Avoid the risk involved in keeping course backups on the same infrastructure as your Moodle site.
- Avoid the expense and complexity involved in maintaining your own storage infrastructure.
- Have your course backups readily available for download when you need to use them.
- Comply with course archiving requirements.
- Coursebank can grow to suit the needs of your organisation as it scales.
You can download the coursebank plugin from the Moodle plugins database from this link. The plugin is supported for all Moodle versions from 2.5 onwards.
Note: MoodleWorld is not related to any commercial service by any means.