There are two posts worth reading if you’re a SCORM user and planning to upgrade to Moodle 2.6 after it’s released. Dan Marsden has outlined a few changes that affect both the installation and use of SCORM packages and the progress in using SCORM within Moodle.
A few highlights:
- Through a GSOC project SCORM packages now can be a bit more responsive
- There will be more than one way to utilize/link to a SCORM package in your site
- User data is a little bit less fragile with the changes.
Both articles are a quick read and full of useful information.
1. Read about the updates and improvements to SCORM for Moodle 2.6 (including links to 6 different tracker items): http://danmarsden.com/blog/2013/09/24/moodle-2-6-scorm-update/
2. Read about the 2 different SCORM installation options that will subsequently be available to users: http://danmarsden.com/blog/2013/09/24/managing-scorm-content-in-moodle-2-6/