The Virtual Programming Lab (VPL) a cool activity for Moodle provides some pretty slick functionality right to Moodle to help with assessing and teaching different programming languages. See my earlier posts here: http://lmspulse.com/?s=VPL.
Recently the VPL was upgraded for Moodle 2.0. New and improved features include,
- Now can be used with Groups
- Batch evaluation of submissions
- Backup and restore in Moodle 2.
- Upgrade from Moodle 1.9 keeping all user information.
- Statistics of submissions of students
- The index of VPL activities now shows the number of submissions and submissions not evaluated.
- Translations to Catalan and Japanese
Supported languages include Ada, C, C++, C#, Fortran, Haskell, Java, Matlab/Octave, Pascal, Perl, PHP, Prolog, Ruby, Scheme, Shell script, SQL and VHDL. Read more about the upgrades at http://vpl.dis.ulpgc.es/.
Check out the demo: http://demovpl.dis.ulpgc.es/moodle/