From Channel 9 of the Microsoft Developer’s Network here’s a ~20 minute video that highlights Moodle and how it can be hooked up to Windows [email protected] Services. With [email protected] from Microsoft integrated with your Moodle, you can,
- sign in using Windows Live IDs
- Integrated search (from selected words…though, right clicking with Chrome browser has that feature already)
- [email protected] email and calendar integration (similar to the Moodle-Google plugin for Google Apps)
- MSN Messenger/Windows Live integration for communication between students and teachers
- Exchange web server integration
- Windows Live Alerts integration (sends quick alerts via email, chat or SMS)
Don’t want all of those features? Don’t worry you can configure the plugin to nix/allow any of the above (and more).
If your school is using Windows [email protected] and Exchange for email, you might want to check out the possibilities. The code is freely available (released on EducationLabs.com) and well documented. Check there for the Office Addin for Moodle as well.
Go to the Video at this link: http://goo.gl/VaY7