Here’s another great post from John Patten (@jpatten) of the Sylvan Union School District in Modesto, CA (check out their Moodle). The post discusses the use of Moodle’s Lesson activity and goes into it step-by-step to help you create a simple lesson (that can easily be expanded later). In addition to a great intro to lessons video [link] in which John explains the possible analog between a traditional classroom exercise using flash cards and how that translates to the Moodle lesson module, John also provides tutorials to cover each step in the process.
Each tutorial is created in flash and covers the topics listed below. The entire process is easy to follow and well explained by John Kudos to John for a Grade A+ explanation and example of the Moodle lesson. Hit the link for all the goodies.
Here are John’s steps for creating a lesson activity in Moodle:
- Setting up Groups on Moodle and Adding Students to the Groups
- What Does A Lesson Activity Look Like? (Preview of a vocabulary example)
- Part I – Creating the Lesson in Moodle
- Adding a Question to the Lesson
- Add a Second Question to the Lesson
- How it Appears to the Student