For Apple iPhone/iPod Touch:
There’s a quick new video that highlights the process of adding a new Moodle icon to an iPhone/iPod home screen for Moodle4iPhone enabled sites. For capable Apple products it’s a very simple process:
For Android handsets
The process on Android is a little bit more complicated, but the end result is a simple 1-click shortcut on your home screen to the Moodle site of your choice.
Here are the basic steps:
- Use the browser to access the site.
- Save the site as a bookmark (use the menu button)
- Access your home screen (one with enough room for an additional link)
- Long touch an empty area of the screen
- touch “Shortcuts” to access a list of possible shortcuts
- Choose “Bookmark”
- Choose your saved bookmark.
- Android coverage on MoodleMonthly: http://www.moodlemonthly.com/?s=android
- Official Moodle4iPhone site (now Android compatible): http://iphone.moodle.com.au/
- Ignatia web: http://ignatiawebs.blogspot.com/2010/03/iphoneipodmoode-one-click-to-moodle.html