Announced today a Moodle.org is a new enrollment method which allows editing teachers to approve/deny enrollment to prospective students once they’ve “applied”.
As a modification, instead of seeing the option to “enroll” in the course Administration block or a text field to enter a course enrollment key, students instead will see a button to apply for enrollment. The facilitator is then notified by the Moodle email system and given the option to approve or deny access.
This modification seems to be a great addition to the current options (enrollment key or no) as a simple process for vetting students and ensuring the correct pupils have access to a course. Below is the full description from Moodle.org.
Implements a new enrolment method. When a student tries to enrol to a course a moderator is contacted by mail. The moderator can approve or reject the application.
- The student applies for enrollment.
- The student receives an email confirming the application.
- The specified email account receives a mail with the application data.
- An administrator approves or denies the enrollment application.
- The student receives an activation or denial email.
The enrollment method is available for Moodle 1.9 and higher. For more information visit http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=3107