By Gavin Henrick, Brickfield Education Labs
March 13 update: MoodleMoot UK & Ireland has been deferred.
The UK & Ireland MoodleMoot heads back to Ireland for the 16th annual conference for the first time in five years after trips to London, Glasgow and Manchester. The destination is Dublin and we will be revisiting the excellent Crowne Plaza Hotel near Dublin airport. Don’t miss the legendary Baileys Cheesecake!
On April 6-8, Moodlers from around the UK, Ireland and further afield will settle in for 72 hours of relentless networking. The schedule is packed with workshops, presentations and social fun.
- April 6th – Training Workshops & DevJam & Evening Reception + Table Quiz
- April 7th – Full Day of presentations & Gala Dinner + Live Band
- April 8th – Full Day of presentations
The excellent 80s cover band, Spring Break, will have Moodlers dancing to the early hours after the gala dinner!
This year, the Moodlemoot features two local keynotes: Dr. Sharon Flynn, Project Manager for Enhancing Digital Teaching and Learning in the Irish Universities Association; and Dara Cassidy, Head of Online Education at RCSI. With extensive experience in EdTech, both speakers will share their insights on the future of digital teaching and learning.
Renewed focus on teaching and learning
The workshops this year have a strong focus around curriculum design:
- Moodle HQ Community Educator, Mary Cooch, and Vaida Holohan of Enovation will deliver the newly redesigned MEC Teaching and Learning Module over a full day
- A half day workshop on the ABC Learning Design approach and the ABC to VLE App Wheel will be delivered by Suzanna Stone, Clare Gormley and Jess Gramp,
- A half day workshop exploring how Moodle can be used to provide the three fundamentals of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) for students facilitated by Rob Lowney and Dr Anna Logan,
- A full day of workshops covering designing courses for workplace based learning facilitated by Dr Mark Melia, Ben Cass and Kris Hargreaves.
These are in addition to the full day Moodle developer DevJam facilitated by Tim Hunt, Mark Johnson, Tomek Muras, Marcus Green and Bas Brands.
Registration still open
Tickets have been flying off the digital shelves however there are still spots left. Registration is set at € 465 + VAT for 3 days, and € 435 + VAT for two days.
The Moodlemoot UK & Ireland is sponsored by a number of local Moodle Partners and Integration companies including: