My guest for our second episode is Brian Carlson, who is the CEO of eThink Education, the largest Moodle and Totara partner in the US. Brian co-founded eThink more than twelve years ago and today oversees the entire operation. Brian’s been in EdTech for decades and is an active advisor on elearning initiatives through roles such as his seat on the Baltimore Workforce Investment Board.
In today’s episode, Brian and I talk about:
- How eThink has helped their clients support instructors and learners during the COVID-19 pandemic
- The cardinal role Learning Management Systems (LMS) are called to play in the “New Learning Normal”
- The typical hurdles schools and companies face as they realize all of the efficiencies that come from using an LMS, and how they can be overcome
- Why choosing an open source solution offers the best returns over time (Brian brings evidence from analytics to prove it)
- How schools and companies have adapted to best serve remote teams & classrooms quickly
- What the future holds, in terms of disruption, for higher education and learner expectations; and finally
- What innovations are on the horizon for learning —in tech and leadership— and how organizations can be adaptive and agile.
- Subscribe to eLP on YouTube (Enable notifications for more power!)
- Follow eLP on Spotify
- Google Podcasts
We hope you enjoy this episode. We’ve got a lot more exciting talks coming up! Make sure you don’t miss a beat: