The Moodle App, version 3.6.0 is now available for Android and iOS devices. The Moodle Desktop app for Windows, Mac and Linux is also ready. They all offer the major new features brought in Moodle 3.6.1:
- Group Messaging and extended controls about who can communicate with whom, and messages a user can receive.
- New, customizable Dashboard
- Integration with open source, cloud file storage solution NextCloud
- OpenBadges version 2. Show off your badges straight from your phone!
As for mobile-specific features, the release notes highlight the following:
- Infinite scrolling
- Performance improvements (if the site runs Moodle 3.6)
- Extended offline capabilities now include HTML iframe (inline frame) content support.
- Users can now also mark activities as complete while they are offline
- Language support for users Khmer (ខ្មែរ, in Cambodia) and Kannada (ಕನ್ನಡ, in India)
Smaller but likely to be noticed tweaks include: File large upload no longer crashes the app, units into numerical questions, more responsive “Refresh” and “Reconnect” buttons, slicker drag-and-drop, stealth activities support reinstated; and dozens more. Check them all out at the Moodle Docs: Moodle Mobile 3.6.0 release notes.
Read the official announcement by Moodle HQ’s Juan Leyva: “Moodle App 3.6″ at the Moodle Forum.
This Moodle Technology related post is made possible by: Moonami a company that provides a full range of Moodle services that combine the flexibility, scalability, and power of Amazon’s world-leading cloud platform (AWS) with fanatical Moodle support. Click here to learn more.