Low quorum pushed the Annual General Meeting of MUA to next Tuesday. In the past weeks, key developments now foretell some of its contributions to Moodle in the coming months. This makes the postponement a momentous opportunity for its members to re-engage.
There are 3 active threads:
Chair Emma Richardson resolved to back down from the position. She leaves big shoes to fill, but the young and slightly more diverse roster just voted in shows promise:
- Jessica Gramp, University College London (incumbent)
- Orzu Kamolova, Université de Montreal
- Aurelie Soulier, Cranfield University
- Alexander Bias, Ulm University
- Mike Churchward (incumbent)
- Thomas Korner, ETH Zurich
- Thom Rawson (incumbent Secretary)
- Richard Samson (incumbent Vice Chair)
- Luiggi Sansonetti (incumbent)
- Jeff Webster (incumbent)
Chair and Vice Chairperson, Treasurer and Secretary will be a matter of voting for a later date.
MUA 2018 July-December Project Development Cycle
10 candidates were submitted for the second round of the year. This, for the first time in history, means every project classifies to revision by Moodle HQ, only after which a final round of voting will take place. Final voting is scheduled to start December 5th and the winner announced two weeks later.
AGM, Second Call
The definitive date for the Annual Meeting is Tuesday, September 11th, 12:00 PM UTC. The agenda is the same: Review of financials, changes to the rules and other procedural issues.