The Moodle Course Creator Certificate (MCCC) is a career tool that will allow you to show proof of high-level skills in the Open Source LMS. It is designed for people with some professional experience in the technical and instructional design aspects of the platform. It is an internationally-recognized document that reflects encompassing competencies, from the server environment and Moodle components to Course planning and management.
Over the course of 8 weeks, participants will receive a refresh on 8 skill sets before being evaluated:
- Environmental Technology
- Generic Moodle Skills
- Moodle Blocks
- Using Resources
- Using Activities
- Participant Management
- Course Management
Upon completion of Activities, the participant will receive a “Narrative Document” as evidence of accomplishments.
Interested participants should be aware of the MCCC candidate profile. These are not requirements, but rather an outline of the point in an EdTech professional’s career where the MCCC would be most productive.
Participants who fit the MCCC candidate profile…
- Have created at least one Moodle Course for actual use with learners.
- Have used an active development version of Moodle for at least a year.
- Have deployed several Activites and Resources in Moodle.
- Can find information and answers in the official Moodle Documentation.
- Have read the complete documentation regarding Moodle Certification.
- Have sufficient time to work on the MCCC during the 8-week run of the program (averaging 5-10 hours per week).
- Have an interest in learning Moodle, advancing their skills, and being involved in the community.
The next cohort starts on June 7th, followed by another on August 2nd. Payment of $500 USD is needed to guarantee placement.
Interested participants can register via email at [email protected] or by calling (in the US) 888-928-3848.