Are you ready to take your mobile learning to a new level? Moodle Mobile development team has released the brand new version of the official Moodle mobile app. The new version is based on the recently released Moodle 3.4. New version of the mobile app is now available for Android devices and it will be soon release for iOS and Windows devices.
The latest version of the Mobile app comes with improved user experience and 100% compatibility with all core Moodle tools. On the occasion of release of Moodle Mobile 3.4, Juan Leyva – Moodle Mobile team leader, commented:
Similar to the latest Moodle 3.4 web version, our new mobile release focuses on improved usability, demonstrated through increased support for a number of activities and actions that aim to deliver better user experience.
We at Moodle HQ are continuing to improve the web to mobile experience, making it more seamless, and this will be further enhanced when we release Moodle Mobile 3.5 with a new look and feel in May 2018.
Major Features of Moodle Mobile 3.4:
Major features of the Moodle Mobile 3.4 version are:
- Workshop activity support – With Moodle Mobile 3.4, students can take part and complete the Workshop activity using Moodle mobile app. Now, the Moodle mobile app supports all Moodle core activities.
- PayPal enrollment plugin support – Now your students can directly buy new courses right within the mobile app. They don’t need to go the web version and buy using PayPal. It will make it more faster and easier for teachers who are selling their courses using PayPal.
- Support for forgotten passwords – Now the users can easily reset their Moodle account password right within the mobile app.
- Set Privacy conditions for Vimeo videos – Now you can set restriction conditions for the Vimeo videos so that only specific persons will watch the videos.
- Better File Management for iOS devices.
- User private files quota usage display – Users can see the private files quote and actual used.
For more information about the updates, check out the Moodle Mobile 3.4 release notes here – https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Moodle_Mobile_3.4.0_release_notes
Now, the focus of the Moodle Mobile team will shift to include the support for Moodle plugins in the app. Are you using the Moodle Mobile app for teaching online or still waiting? Check out this article for optimizing your Moodle courses for moodle mobile. If you have any questions with Moodle Mobile app, please share with us in the comments section below.