All Moodle site administrators get ready for upgrading your Moodle site to the latest Moodle releases. As announced today, Moodle minor point release versions i.e. – Moodle 3.2.2, 3.1.5, 3.0.9 & 2.7.19 are now available. To download the latest version check out the downloads page here.
Do check out the upgrading help docs here before proceeding to upgrade your Moodle site and make sure to have a complete backup of your Moodle site. If you are on MoodleCloud service then you shouldn’t do anything as all MoodleCloud websites will be upgraded automatically to the latest Moodle version within 7 days .
Major changes in Moodle 3.2.2:
The new minor point versions has fixed bugs, improvements and security updates. The major changes in the Moodle 3.2.2 version are as follows:
- MDL-36233 – Fixed inconsistent “Submissions not graded” link displayed to the teachers on the course overview block
- MDL-48228 – MySQL and MariaDB drivers updated to support full UTF-8 . For sites upgrading to 3.2.2, a CLI script may be used to convert to full UTF-8.
Fixes and Improvements:
- MDL-56122 – Force reload/recreation of (unoconv) preview in grading interface
- MDL-51833 – Performance improvement in event monitor preferences loading
- MDL-55859 – Assignment: Delete incomplete files after pdf conversion failure
- MDL-55762 – Better error handling around ghostscript
- MDL-50719 – Long-running scheduled task should not much slow down cron processing of other tasks
- MDL-57587 – Quiz: Show feedback images when reviewing a quiz attempt
- MDL-50770 – Dashboard should apply customized block positions during dashboard reset
- MDL-57374 – Pasting unformatted non HTML plain text in Atto should not remove all styles and class attributes from all existing content in editor
- MDL-57362 – Assignment list all submissions must respect separate groups mode
- MDL-46782 – When re-entering Multi-SCO SCORM start from the first uncompleted SCO
- MDL-53367 – Importing a forum with auto subscription now automatically subscribes current users
- MDL-50625 – Allow to use LDAP user synchronisation without page control
- MDL-55915 – Respect capability to view full names in assignment grading, grader report and manual user enrolment popup
- MDL-57785 – Don’t refresh SCORM navigation when navigation display is disabled
- MDL-57370 – Performance improvement when displaying notifications and messages popups
- MDL-57296 – Fixed bug when teacher without permission to view hidden grades was not able to collapse grade categories in the gradebook
- MDL-55547 – Event monitor: fixed bug preventing to view current subscription after deleting a course with subscriptions
- MDL-57030 – Add option to behat run tool to automatically rerun failures
- MDL-57940 – Allow behat parallel run to start at different time
Check out the complete list of fixed issues and changes in the release notes as below:
- Moodle 3.2.2 release notes
- Moodle 3.1.5 release notes
- Moodle 3.0.9 release notes
- Moodle 2.7.19 release notes
Another point to be noted is that Moodle 2.7 and 3.0 branches are supported now only for Securtiy fixes. Check out all Moodle releases in reverse chronological order here.
When you are upgrading your Moodle site? Share with us in the comments section below.