Following the focus on improving user experience, performance and accessibility, the official Moodle Mobile app version 3.3 is released last weeekend. The new version of the official Moodle Mobile app provides a smooth interaction, intuitive learners experience and enhanced offline functionality. The latest release is focused to offer new features which will benefit students to get more out of their studies and learning done directly on their mobile devices.
The new features of the Moodle Mobile app 3.3 are in line with the new features offered in Moodle core 3.3 which was released a week ago. The major point about the new version is that in Moodle 3.3 there will be 93% student support for activities, so that they can get access to more and more of their study directly on their mobile devices.
The new release also includes the offline capabilities for participating in Lesson and Feedback activities. Now only the Workshop activity in unsupported until the release of Moodle Mobile 3.4. Also please note that to support the new features of the Moodle Mobile app, you need to have Moodle 3.3 running on your Moodle website.
Major new Features of Moodle Mobile 3.3:
Here I am listing down the major features in Moodle Mobile 3.3:
- Lesson module: Students can now take lessons even offline. Teachers can review students attempts.
- Feedback module: Students can submit feedbacks even offline. Teachers can review students submissions.
- New OAuth Login: The app supports the new OAuth methods (facebook, Google, Microsoft) if they are enabled on the site.
- Course Overview Block: The new course overview is also supported in the app.
- Improved Dashboard – The new improved dashboard is accessible through web as well as mobile devices. This will enables the students to easily filter current, past and future courses directly on the app.
- Improved Message Search – Now you can easily search for the messages for a faster communication.
- Pin forum posts – As a teacher you can pin the forum discussion so that they will stay at the top of the list always.
- Activities with access restrictions are now correctly displayed in the app.
[bha size=’760×80′ variation=’01’ align=’aligncenter’]
I find these new features of the new Moodle Mobile app more interesting and compelling from teachers as well as students point of view. I hope you will also like the new version of the mobile app.
The major change from the developers viewpoint is the upgrade to Node.js 6.x
For a complete list of new features and improvements, check out the Moodle Mobile 3.0 release notes here. To downoad the Moodle Mobile app, visit https://download.moodle.org/mobile/