Moodle HQ team has released the data from the Learn Moodle MOOC August 2016 edition for research purpose. The dataset is released from the Teaching with Moodle MOOC August 2016 course for conducting original research.
The dataset is released under the Creative Commons 3.0 CC-BY license by Elizabeth Dalton. The data from the August 2016 students who had agreed to allow their data in research is included in this dataset.
The dataset includes the data segregated into 6 different files as follows:
- mdl_badge_issued.csv – contains the records of all badges issued to users during the Aug 16 session of “Teaching with Moodle.”
- mdl_course_modules.csv – records describing each activity in the “Teaching with Moodle” course.
- mdl_course_modules_completion.csv – records of each user’s completion of each activity in the course.
- mdl_grade_grades_history.csv – keeps a historical record of individual grades for each user and each item, exactly as imported or submitted by
- mdl_logstore_standard_log.csv – contains entries for each “event” tracked by the Moodle logging system, and is the source for all the Moodle “log” reports.
- mdl_user.csv – table containing user records.
You can download the dataset from the Moodle’s research library here – http://research.moodle.net/158/
Which kind of research which you would like to carry out with this dataset? I am completely inexperienced about researching with dataset but I would like to know how this data can be used to get some meaningful information. If you know about the process, please share in comments below.