Knowing that we tend to stick with the technology to which we are first introduced, all tech firms seek to get their products in the hands of students as early as possible. An exemplary case of this comes from Apple. This month, the technology company is releasing its “Pro Apps Bundle for Education”, which provides a roughly 70% discount on “industry-level tools” for A\V production.
The software tools included in the bundle are:
- Final Cut Pro X, for video and filmmakers.
- Logix Pro X, for musicians, audio engineers and related trades.
- Motion 5, for animators, VFX and motion designers, for example.
- Compressor 4, for final work processing and encoding duties.
- MainStage 3, for sound management, audio manipulation, mixing.
The latest versions released for each software are compatible with the latest MacBook Pro models ―including the new Touch Bar―, as well as the hardware their customers have used for some time. The only requirement is OS X 10.11.4 or later.