The Custom Certificate Plugin allows you to create custom-made diplomas for your students, right from within Moodle. You can add just about any element you want, and place it anywhere in the document. When it’s time and students have done their part, Moodle generates personal certificates automatically.
You can add fonts, colors and images to a certificate according to your brand. But why stop there? Here are some ideas that would make your certificates worth earning, and your students eager to show everyone.
- A short summary of the effort taken, such as committed hours, or a project successfully delivered.
- A high-definition background with your logo. Avoid pixellated images at all costs. Make sure it does not affect the certificate’s readability.
- A clear outline of your signature. If you are thinking about adding your own picture, proceed at your own risk.
- But a nice, cheerful image of the student is a great idea!
- A sober border. A small pattern or decoration on the corners is fine, but if it’s starting to look like a party invitation for toddlers, you might want to take a step back.
- Distinctive fonts. Break away from Arial or Times New Roman, but beware of Comic Sans, Papyrus or anyone that is supposed to reflect handwriting.
- A QR code where anyone can verify the validity of your certificate. It should lead to a digital version of the certificate hosted on your website.
Do you have any more ideas? Let us know in the comments below!
This Moodle Technology related post is made possible by: Moonami a company that provides a full range of Moodle services that combine the flexibility, scalability, and power of Amazon’s world-leading cloud platform (AWS) with fanatical Moodle support. Click here to learn more.