Gareth Barnard recently announced on Moodle.org that he has updated the Collapsed Topics Course Format for Moodle 2.7 – 3.0. If you’re not interested in what this all means – you can head over and download the update right now from this link. More specifically, depending on what version of Moodle you’re running, use these links:
If you’re using Moodle 2.7: https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=10688
If you’re using Moodle 2.8: https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=10689
If you’re using Moodle 2.9: https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=10690
If you’re using Moodle 3.0: https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=10691
However, for those of you interested in what’s included in the update read on.
This type of update is no small potatoes. I’m going to breakdown the most important parts of the updates for all versions:
In Moodle 2.7, 2.8, and 2.9 you’ll find:
- There is now an ARIA button role (importantly however, Gareth is still working on the keyboard control)
- TravisCI has been integrated in to this version
- The icon set in CSS has been simplified
- The word-break on section titles have been reinstated
- The cog icon is now consistent throughout
In Moodle 3.0, the updates include:
- Again, section titles now have word breaks back
- Also, the cog icon is consistent throughout the instance of Moodle
- The side with of the editor has been fixed
- The color setting type has been chanced for better theme styling
As always, we’re super impressed with Gareth’s monster contributions to the Moodleverse. And, as he noted in the forum thread, he has updates for Grid, Columns and Noticeboard on his radar as well.
This Moodle Technology related post is made possible by: Moonami a company that provides a full range of Moodle services that combine the flexibility, scalability, and power of Amazon’s world-leading cloud platform (AWS) with fanatical Moodle support. Click here to learn more.
How do you use the collapsed topics format? Tell us in the comments below!