Hot off the heals of the Moot in India, the 8th Moodle Moot Japan will open this Sunday, February 21st, 2016 at Toyo University. The three day event looks to be packed with a boat load of great information and discussion opportunities. You can check out the schedule here.
If I could get to Japan, I’d definitely be interested in the Keynote and Featured Speakers already on the docket:
- Dr. Kiyoshi Nakabayashi of the Chiba Institute of Technology will talk about eLearning standardization, and why it is important and actually helpful.
- Mary Cooch, the Moodle HQ Community Educator, will discuss community learning and make a pitch for the usefulness of the Moodle.org forums, among other things.
- Jetha Chan, a LMS and Games UI/UX Developer, will present one of the topics I’m keen to hear more about: how Moodle addresses the particular needs of the Asian community in terms of language, script and presentation of materials.
- Dr. Thierry Koscielniak of Paris Descartes Univ. – Sorbonne Paris Cité, also has a super cool topic – the reMoot Control, which allows an instructor to control Moodle without leaving their presentation and provides interactive and real-time feedback via smart devices. And…
- Martin Dougiamas on the road ahead for Moodle – looking 10 years out, Martin will present his thoughts on how an open source project like Moodle says competitive for people’s attention in a world where people want instant, free and platform agnostic solutions.
And that’s just the keynotes!
If you’re in Japan, or interested in taking part in this event, click here to learn more.
Will you attend the Moot in Japan? Tell us about your experience in the comments below!