When you think of the Moodle Glossary, unless you are a super-creative, your mind instantly calls up an image of something like a dictionary. After all, a glossary is a place where terms are defined for students, right? While providing definitions is a wonderful use of the Glossary in Moodle, Neela Bell has some other, very good, ideas for how to hack the Glossary for other uses. You can check out her post here.
Neela has provided seven other uses for the Moodle Glossary beyond the traditional dictionary replacement:
- Bizarre facts – use the Glossary to treat your students to a host of bizarre facts.
- Graphics and Images – there is the option of adding pictures to the glossary and this can be a great way to relay facts and important information beyond text definitions.
- Biographies – of famous people that are related to the course topics.
- Student of the day – have your students see themselves in the course!
- Quotes – use powerful quotes to motivate and inspire learners.
- Movie library – list movies or TV shows related to the course.
- Book club – list books that are relevant to the course for learners to read.
This Moodle Practice related post is made possible by: Course Merchant, the leading provider of eCommerce, Training Management and Digital Marketing software for the Education and Training industry. Click here to learn more.
Do you have any glossary hacks that you use in your Moodle Course? Tell us about them in the comments below!