The upcoming version of the official Moodle Mobile app i.e. 3.2.0, will provide a more unified experience between the web and mobile version. Similar to the Moodle 3.2, the new version of the mobile app is all set to revolutionize the user experience and improve the mobile performance.
The new version of Moodle Mobile app i.e. 3.2.0 is set to be rolled out from today onwards. The new version has many new and innovative features like offline grading of assignments by teachers, Sign-Up option through Mobile app and many more apart from the fixed bugs and improvements.
Top features in Moodle Mobile app 3.2.0:
- Assignment: Teachers can grade submissions, even if they are offline, using numerical points, scales, outcomes and feedback comments. Advanced grading methods such as rubrics are not yet supported. (Teachers can grade submissions in Moodle 3.1 too, though only using numerical points.)
- Auto-login: Users are automatically logged in to the site in a browser when coming from the app.
- Grades: A new grades link in the side menu provides quick access to course grades.
- Sign-up: Users can create new accounts using email-based self-registration. CAPTCHA and custom profile fields are supported.
- Notifications: A new notifications preferences screen lets users decide how to be alerted.
- SSO support: Sites using SSO auth methods such as CAS or Shibboleth no longer needs the Moodle Mobile additional features plugin.
- Profile picture: Users can easily update their profile picture by taking a photo or choosing one from the photo library.
- Badges: Users can view their awarded badges in their profile.
Moodle HQ is investing a lot of efforts and time in making the official Mobile app a better tool for supplementing the online learning. The offline capabilities added in the past few versions of the app makes Moodle more friendlier in the internet deprived countries.
The icing on the cake is the option to go for the custom branded Moodle mobile app service provided by the Moodle partners. Thereby you can choose to brand the mobile app with your own brand details and colors. Contact your nearest Moodle partner to know more details about Branded Moodle Mobile app service.
What are the new features which you would like to be added to the official Moodle Mobile app in future? Do let us know in the comments section below.