Adaptable theme is a highly customisable theme released in the Moodle themes database by Jez H and Fernando Acedo and is based on the other popular theme BCU.
Adaptable theme contains all features of the BCU theme along with a lot of new features. Adaptable is a two column theme with tons of customization options which may seems daunting at first but these options provides you to setup a Moodle site with high degree of customization without any CSS knowledge.
The new features in Adaptable theme are:
- Fully Customisable:
- Block styles (including icons)
- Buttons (including radius)
- Choice of two jQuery sliders on home page
- News / Announcements Ticker on home / dashboard
- Multiple front page course styles
- 12 marketing blocks (will scale to fit if < 4 used on a row allowing more interesting layouts to be created)
- Extensive custom menus (can be targeted to different users based on custom profile field)
- Dismissible Bootstrap Alerts
- Display sitewide notices using different Bootstrap styles
- Allow users to dismiss alerts once read (persistent between page loads / login)
- Allow re-use of alerts (display again even if user has dismissed) buy updating a “key” field
- Additional layout settings for width, slider width, padding of various elements
- Social icons or Search box in header (admin can choose between the two)
- Mobile settings (greater control of how the theme looks on mobile devices)
- Option to add login form in header on front page
- Favicon uploader
- Background image uploader
You can download the Adaptable theme from the Moodle themes database here.The theme is available for Moodle 2.8 version onwards.
What are the other features which you are looking for in a Moodle theme? Do you like the features provided in the Adaptable theme? Do let us know in the comments below.