The usability study which was carried out by Michael de Raadt during the MoodleMoot US 2015 (#mootus15) is available now from the forum thread here. Acc. to the forum post by Michael:
The study involved six participants. The participants were screened and were expected to have little to no experience using Moodle. Participants were each asked complete a set of five scenarios (linked here earlier). Briefly, the scenarios covered:
- editing the user’s profile and sending messages to students and a fellow staff member,
- creating a page resource and embedding a video,
- creating a quiz including a number of question types,
- creating an assignment and
- creating a choice activity.
You can download the usability report here.
If you would like to be involved further, then:
- UX Researchers are welcome to view the complete recording to see if they can find more issues.
- Developers are welcome to be involved in resolving the issues in MDL-51211.
- Users are welcome to watch issues within MDL-51211 and test out the functional changes to see if they make Moodle more usable.
Read the complete forum post here.