Another new plugin added to the Moodle plugins directory is the Active quiz which was originally started as an update to the realtime quiz module, but later grown into a separate module due to the very large functionality additions/changes.
Using Active quiz activity you can offer in class quizzes on any device using a responsive theme, any question type from the question bank, use timed/not timed questions, grades reported back to the grade book, group quizzing (with a group attendance feature), view student responses in real time to offer in-class discussion about the results, and more!
Major features of the active quiz activity plugin are:
- Integration with the Moodle question engine
- Grades are now recorded and sent to the grade book if the relevant settings are used
- Group quizzing with group attendance
- Viewing quiz question responses for each student/group during the quiz
- Poodll question types and multiple choice question types have additional functionality added to help with display of responses
- Additional capabilities to facilitate in-class discussion