The decision making authorities in all educational and corporate institutions often face a lot of questions based on Myths while choosing the LMS for their institution. Among all the top questions related to Moodle the most often asked questions are:
- Moodle is open source as of now but it will be put under some sort of commercial license.
- Moodle will not be compatible with our existing software’s/systems.
- Moodle is not having commercial experience which we are looking for.
- You need to be an expert and tech savvy to use Moodle.
- With Moodle, You need to be on computers all the time.
- Moodle is just about fun and games, it’s a time waster and does not encourage ‘real work’,
- …and many more.
Today I stumbled upon a Moodle docs page which clarifies all these questions in a great detail. It includes all these questions and their resolution which are good enough for a beginner to clarify his doubts over Moodle.
Also there is a nice forum thread from 2005-06 discussing the myths spread about using Moodle.
What are the myths what you have faced before started using Moodle in your organization? Do share with us in the comments below.