Just a week before the release of version 3.0, Moodle announced the official release of versions 2.9.3, 2.8.9 and 2.7.11 on November 9th.
If you’re working under the hood, there are a number of important highlights and fixes/improvements to check out. However, if you’re like the majority of Moodlers who spend most of their time interacting as a user, check out:
- An improvement to the visualization to the backpack badge/icon
- A more obvious way to add a photo to a profile
- A better layout of the activity results block
Also, there have been a few functional changes worth noting, such as:
- An instructor (without permission) cannot change the name of a course, even during restore.
- Managers can now access other users’ preferences
- When you copy an HTML block, Moodle now also copies the embedded files within it.
- When you reset a course and change the start date, Moodle adjust the date restrictions and updates the calendar events.
What version of Moodle does your organization or institution run? Tell us in the comments below!