In case you missed it, just a quick heads up that Moodle 2.9.2 is now on the street as of September 14th. As you’d expect, the update contains a laundry list of fixes and improvements, security updates, UI enhancements and more.
(Note: If you are a MoodleCloud user – you’ve been upgraded automatically)
Click here to view the complete release notes. What changes should you look for?
- Improvements to Atto autosave (and how it works if the content is modified by another user)
- Increased contrast of warning colors for accessibility
- Fixes to both the Clean and More theme headers when logos are used
- Fixes to prevent the browser autofilling common form elements with username and password (like “create new group”)
- Bulleted lists in course sections are styled correctly
There were 145 total tracker items in the 2.9.2 release: https://tracker.moodle.org/projects/MDL/versions/14956
And the 2.9.2 update isn’t the only release. From Moodle.org:
Moodle 2.9.2, 2.8.8 and 2.7.10 are now available via the usual open download channels: https://download.moodle.org or Git… Note that the 2.7 branch is a LTS and will be supported for security fixes until May 2017. Next Moodle LTS version will be 3.1.
Remember you can always be prepared for new releases, but staying up to date with the official Moodle General Release Calendar.