If you are a Moodle Plugin developer or a Moodle Theme designer then you can download the development version of Moodle 2.9 to check out your plugins and themes and make them compatible for the Moodle 2.9 version.
Moodle 2.9 which is scheduled to be released on 11 May 2015, is available for all the developers and designers two months in advance (Non-Production site version) for testing and adjust their plugins and themes according to the changes.
Moodle 2.9 incorporates over 210 issues fixed which can be checked in the Moodle tracker through this link.
The features/changes which grabbed my attention are:
- “You have assignments that need attention” to students and teachers.
- Allowing backup and restoring on front page.
- Teachers can require students to compete question 1 before they can see question 2.
- Logout user when they change the password
- Automatically detect the plugin type when installing from Zip file…. and many more
The QA testing for the Moodle 2.9 version will starts from 13th April 2015.
To download your copy of Moodle 2.9 development version please check out the link: https://download.moodle.org/releases/development/