Mathslate adds an editor to the atto text editor on your moodle site which is similar to dragmath for TinyMCE editor. MathSlate however has no Java dependency, and consequently it should usable in a larger variety of browsers including those on mobile devices. Mathslate is a mathematics editor that this plugin adds to the Atto toolbar.
- The TinyMCE Mathslate plugin first needs to be installed to the lib/editor/tinymce/plugins directory of the Moodle root.
- The Mathslate for Atto plugin is installed in the lib/editor/atto/plugins directory.
- The administrator must complete the installation process and enable the atto plugin by visiting the Atto toolbar settings page and adding ‘mathslate’ in the list of plugins to be displayed on the toolbar.
- MathJax also needs to be enabled on the system.
- The Mathslate button will only appear in the editor toolbar if MathJax is available on the page.
To download the latest version of the Mathslate for Atto, please check out this link: https://moodle.org/plugins/view/atto_mathslate
To install the TinyMCE Mathslate (it is a dependency for mathslate for atto) check out the link: https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=tinymce_mathslate
For Mathjax, please check out this link: http://mathjax.org/