Patrick Selby from OnlearningPoint shared a playlist of 6 videos that cover the configuration of Joomla to Moodle to enable the Joomdle connector. What are the benefits according to his post? Single Sign On, one user base, shared display of contents across the systems and more.
The six video playlist highlights the following topics:
- How to configure Joomdle connector for Moodle and Joomla
- Moodle Requires a user to Connect with Joomdle
- Adding Joomdle Web Services to Joomla*
- Configure Joomdle to Access Moodle
- Verify that Joomla is working before installing Joomdle
- Allow frame embedding for wrapper
*note that this will require both admin access to your site and where your site is hosted.
The videos are easy to follow and highlight each of the steps required (which is a lot less than I ever imagined) to link the popular CMS to your LMS.
Official Joomdle website: http://www.joomdle.com/en/
Joomdle auth plugin at Moodle.org: https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=auth_joomdle