The Birmingham City University theme, maintained and Jez H and Mike Grant has been released for download and includes some very cool features for a Moodle 2.7 site. From the restyled home page with a slider and course cards to a pervasive messages notification in the header the theme delivers usability and enhancements.
Among the feature set reflected on the site:
- responsive (based on Bootstrap
- jquery slider and marketing spots (similar to Essential)
- course cards
- blocks in the footer
- toggle between fixed and full width
- support for bootstrap elements
- messages in the header
- improved user nav through the drop down (similar to 2.8)
- logo and color picker for customizing the theme to your brand
Check out the full description at https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=theme_bcu. The video below helps illustrate some of the settings and customization options.