There’s just one day left to support the community funded project: Grid Course Format Improvements. Around 37% of the project has been funded and only around 340 dollars is required to bring it to 100%. The project will complete a laundry list of improvements and tweaks for usability and to add to the overall functionality of this popular course format:
- Ability to set the width of the image container (icon) as a x in pixels and have the height calculated by a ratio. Widths of: 128, 192, 210, 256, 320, 384, 448, 512, 576, 640, 704 and 768. Ratios of: 3-2, 3-1, 3-3, 2-3, 1-3, 4-3 and 3-4.
- When uploading the maximum width size setting shall be applied to the image to avoid large file sizes in storage / downloading bandwidth.
- As a consequence of 1, up scaling the size of old courses will result in pixelation, therefore the user should re-upload an original copy of the image.
- Ability to change the border colour, radius (same as width and on / off setting) and width. Widths of: 1 – 10.
- Ability to change the image container (icon) background colour.
- Ability to change the current selected section colour with defaults.
- Ability to change the current selected image container (icon) colour with defaults.
- Width and ratio settings to be editable on the course settings form and stored in the config_plugin’s table using existing 2.5+ core code.
- Default width, ratio, border colour, border radius on /off, border width, image container (icon) background colour settings to be made available to be set by the site administrator in ‘Plugins -> Course formats’. Values to be transposed from current CSS style.
- Ability to reset to default the settings for the course in the ‘Edit settings’ of the course.
- Ability for the site administrator to reset to default the settings for all grid format courses.
- Ability for the site administrator to prevent setting changes through the implementation of custom capabilities in ‘db/access.php’ and checks in ‘lib.php’. Two capabilities ‘changeimagecontainersize’ and ‘changeimagecontainerstyle’.
Contribute to the project at http://www.moodlegarage.com
Download the current Grid Course Format at https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=format_grid