The Essential Theme made its debut at the 2013 iMoot this year and the theme is awesome. Clean, very sharp, all leveraging the Bootstrap framework and adding a really great user experience. While there were some bugs when it launched, in the wake of iMoot Julian‘s tackled all of the issues raised and fixed the bugs readying a release in Beta (which he did on July 3rd).
If you’re interested in checking out the theme and playing around a bit, try out the iMoot site: http://2013.imoot.org/
Here’s a list of the fixes according to the Essential Theme discussion forum: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=228876
- All “imoot” related frontpage code is now gone
- All settings now work. You can change colors and logo’s to your heart’s content
- Z-index of the menu is fixed. Now goes on top of slider
- now can take up to 5 different social network settings (Google+, Youtube, Flickr, LinkedIn and Twitter)
- Awesome Font now loads properly on mobiles
- Compatibility updates fo latest bootstrap base version
- Can now drag into footer blocks
- numerous redundant divs removed
- New setting to toggle slideshow display on mobiles
- and a slew of other smaller bugs.
Want a copy for your own? https://github.com/moodleman/moodle-theme_essential