This summer six students completed their Google Summer of Code projects with Moodle.org Mentors according to Michael de Raadt’s post. The following projects are now available at Moodle.org as downloads or are being integrated into core fixes.
- Vinnie Monaco – BioAuth: A Moodle plugin for determining Quiz authorship
- Vishal Raheja – Evernote Portfolio
- Jayesh Anandani – Self-assessment activity using the question bank
- Mayank Gupta – SCORM player rewrite
- Prateek Sachan – Global search
- Shashikant Vaishnav – Course search
Each project is a great contribution to the Moodle core or addons repository; one of the projects I’m most excited about is the BioAuth plugin which could be a boon for MOOC type courses run via Moodle to add a level of student authentication and identity verification to large scale courses. The plugin accomplishes this using keystroke signatures and comparing them to future keystroke sequences captured from the student.
The one project not completed was the Pronunciation Evaluation Question Type.
Kudos to each of the students for their contributions to the open source community.