Here’s an update from Floyd Steiner (@fstoner) and the MoodleMoot UK 2011 crew. A few quick notes:
- Conference tickets increase for their final time this Saturday February 12th. After that date the cost of attendance is £195.
- Call for papers is still open http://mootuk11.org.uk/call-for-papers/
- A draft event program/schedule has also been released and keynoters have been announced: http://mootuk11.org.uk/programme/
Looks like it’s shaping up to be a great event. Here’s the press release in full:
Get your ticket now!
With early bird tickets already sold out, there is one more week to book the £180.00 (+VAT) standard rate ticket. From the 12 February tickets will retail at £195.00 (+VAT) for the two day MoodleMoot conference. The Evening Entertainment already sold out and we don’t want people to miss out on the conference.
Call for papers
Last year’s MoodleMoot UK was described as the best ever, but don’t take our word for it! Much of this was the good balance of great keynote speakers and a packed programme of presentations from practitioners reporting on projects, involved in innovative approaches, or just simply sharing some good ideas.
We’ve already received a range of proposals for this year’s MoodleMoot covering topics such as:
- Integrating Moodle and Joomla
- From Strategy to Delivery: the ultimate Moodle Course Development Toolkit
- Blended Learning – A Cross College Approach
- Mobile, Moodle and the Open University
And there is still time to send us yours. We’re looking to hear from anyone who is engaged with interesting work. For example, have you just moved to Moodle? It’s always an interesting experience, and perhaps you’ve got some lessons that you’d like to share. Was it from another proprietary VLE? How was the transfer? What about integration of Moodle with other systems? Or developed plugins? How are you using Moodle to support your teaching and learning? Are you using e-Portfolios, or e-ILPs? Are you taking your Moodle mobile?
To submit your proposal just download and complete the Word document and follow the submissions instructions.
We look forward seeing and hearing from you in April.
The MoodleMootUK 2011 Team
ULCC will be hosting MoodleMoot again on 19 & 20 April 2011, at Senate House, London. For more information please visit the MOOTUK11 conference website.