Midwest MoodleMoot update from Floyd Saner (Midwest Moot organizer)
We have received a number of presentation and workshop proposals, but we have room for more. Your participation in the 2010 Midwest Moodle Moot as a presenter, panel discussion organizer, or workshop leader will help make the conference a success. Presenters and panel discussion organizers receive a 40% discount on the registration fee. Workshop presenters receive free registration plus a stipend.
For more information email goshenmoodle at gmail dot com. The Moot is scheduled for July 26th through 28th.
Current proposed workshops and sessions can be found at http://www.goshen.edu/moodle/submittedProposals.html, they include so far:
- Hacking the Heck out of Moodle Without Going to Hell – Presentation or workshop on how to look for and create Moodle customizations; overview of Moodle core structures.
- Moodle The One Stop Learning Center – Presentation of ideas and examples on using Moodle in a high school setting, including lessons, movies, review sheets and activities for absent students.
- Getting Up and Running with Moodle – How to get started with Moodle, how to organize a course, best practices for engaging students.
- Going Green Without Seeing Red – Basic introduction to Moodle and how it has affected communication with students, use of time, and distribution of resources.
- Creating Effective Professional Development with Moodle – Workshop on creating effective professional development courses.
- And many more.