Moodle.org/educators is a wonderful resource full ways you can improve your Moodling, connect with peers and discuss the intricacies of a quality online classroom. One of my favorite resources there is a page listing 5 Moodle Myths which I’ve turned into a document to share. The original page has fleshes out each of the myths in more detail, but I thought a cool looking “Mythbusters” inspired poster might be a nice way to spread the word (unfortunately these myths do not necessitate explosions, crash test dummies or power tools).
- You need to be an expert and tech savvy to use Moodle
- With Moodle, you need to be on computers all the time.
- Students will love Moodle because it is online and in ‘their world’
- Moodle is just about fun and games, it’s a time waster and does not encourage ‘real work’
- Moodle is just another thing we need to learn, deal with and worry about now. Admin will probably switch to something new in a year or two anyway so why bother using in and learning about it now.